I awoke at 4 a.m., thanks to the stimulant effect of Sudafed (which is no doubt why it’s locked safely behind the counter at Walgreen’s), with the usual random amalgamation of thoughts swirling in my brain. In an attempt to clear them out once and for all, I list them (in no particular order):
- What’s the proper etiquette when you receive a text message in error? I got a message from an unfamiliar number at 7:00 a.m., cryptically stating…”new money.” Should I text back – “wrong number?”
- Why -oh why oh why – does something happen every time I’m planning a trip? We’re going to LasVegas tomorrow (I know, but it’s a free trip) and first I come down with a terrible cold, then we’re supposed to have a blizzard (!) along with record cold temperatures while I’m gone. Worry worry worry…about my mother and the dogs and….
- Perhaps Number 2 above is the reason I’ve beginning to feel as if traveling isn’t worth the bother (Gasp! I can’t believe I said that) Especially having to pack a suitcase – I’m seriously spoiled by our trips to Florida where I have everything already there and simply board the plane with laptop and purse.
- I made the mistake of opening my 401K statement yesterday. Dear God…
- Speaking of junk drawers, I think a mouse has been in mine!
So there you have it – now that I’ve downloaded all these disturbing things from the recesses of my psyche, perhaps I can continue on with my day.
Or maybe going back to bed would be a better plan.